To improve the quality of life of previously disadvantaged individuals in developing communities within the Cape Town metropolitan area.
As an innovative student community service organisation our mission is:
To promote the involvement of students and other members of UCT community in:
- Voluntary community service,
- Experiential and community service learning opportunities,
- Research that has a direct benefit to our partner communities, in order to educate students for life.
To focus and build on community and individual strengths through the management of vibrant community centres and programmes in order to:
- Educate young people for life,
- Increase the access to basic health care
- Effect a transfer of skill, knowledge and capacity,
- Provide access to opportunities previously out of reach,
- Use strategic partnerships to assist people in developing communities to manage their own
We do this to address inequality and promote responsible citizenship amongst our volunteers and partner communities in our African context.